Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Stu sketches & poses

From the  second week on, we were asked to sketch out some poses. Then we had to choose our favorite and pose it out in 3D.


Aaargh these look really horrible, but oh well at least you can see I made progress. In week 2, there was no subject yet.



 It turned out first in this:



And after my feedback from my mentor (Chris Chua), the pose turned into this. The rendering was done in the end. It's when I finally discovered Mental Ray. Good thing someone on the AM forums, posted a little tutorial.




Week 3: we had to sketch out "excitement" poses. Oh boy they look terrible haha.


And with Stu it turned out first like this: 



In both poses you can't see one arm or a hand clearly. In animation terms, you're looking for a clear silhouette. So after my critique by my awesome kick ass mentor, it turned in this:



We skip to week 8, seems we didn't have to do any sketches. I'm posting these sketches, because I really like to draw. I should draw more often, actually I draw everyday, especially after work. I'm in the waiting hall, sketching people who are sitting down or who are buying a train ticket. I'm looking forward to summer so my fingers don't freeze off outdoor.

Week 8 is all about strength. I remember watching as a kid "World Strongest Men". Pretty funny to see all those big guys. So I went to their website and sketched those guys.


5 weeks have passed and they look less crappy! Woohoo!!


The line of action from head to back of the foot could be stronger. So this is it (Remembers me I have to watch that movie still, MJ rocks!):



Week 9 was all about, concern. This was really hared, since it's more a subtle emotion. I remember getting a lesser grade for my stu pose.





I started doing quick sketches with a marker. For the geeks like me it's a "faber castell pitt artist pen". Cool thingie!



As you can tell a very stiff pose...

After feedback:



One of my friends told me he looks gay now. Does he? Naah. Look at my ref picture, what a rough guy :D

Week 10: EXHAUSTED

Nailed this down "okay". Although Chris told me to push it even further.

 




After feedback:




Animation is all about exaggeration!




1 comment: